Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday afternoons

I am always exhausted after the last 2 periods of the last day of school... Today is no exception. Last 2 periods, 2 hours in all... it requires much energy to focus and to give it my all. Yet everytime after the lesson, I will feel happy and satisfied knowing that I have finished my work week well.

Friday afternoon classes are especially challenging cos students are usually lethargic, sleepy or restless. The challenges with teaching the Japanese the English language are numerous... And one of the greatest I face is to be able to lift up the atmosphere of the class... It's imperative for a good EL lesson here!

And this requires a lot a lot a lot of energy...

TGIF though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always felt that teaching is a profession that takes alot of energy out of the teacher... gambatte nei! =)

olenju said...

Arigatou! I will ganbarimasu. :)

kazanpo said...

Sorry to hear that....
Happily, I have no class Friday afternoon. Hahaha...
終われば、教会が待ってるよ。がんばれ。

olenju said...

Dear Anpo sensei... hahaha... :D And it's Monday today now and I have no lessons now!