Monday, December 11, 2023

这星期 - 感恩

悄悄地。。。以12月了。时间。。一年, 也就这样过去了。这时刻的我, 也该收拾下心情。毕竟多两天, 我也开始放长假了。星期天的感觉,就是有点安静。。。

Honestly, I have not written here for a while, because muses do not come. Or when they come, I did not capture it in time, and they leave. But I have also promised that I would write here, and so here it goes. 

To Wei Wei, I am so glad that God is faithful and true. The years that bind, miraculously brought me to visit half a year ago, and to pray, believe and trust together with you. And 2-3 weeks back, when you buzzed me on whatsapp, your "wa liao eh still not up"... and I knew, I knew things were getting better. :) This blog is also a testament of the friendship. It's this many years that I've already known you. The Lord will protect and keep you and your whole household safe. 💓

For me, perhaps, to re-start the engine here, I will just thank God for my week.

As last weekend was the UAE national day weekend, it was a really good 4-day break. There was ample rest, fellowship, food, gatherings, and lots of tennis. I recalled that on that Friday, as it was a half day and it was a declared work-from-home, I woke up earlier and went for a run. I don't recall running early weekday work mornings, so that morning was special. It reminded me of the SSG days, where as I woke up super early for work or meetings, some days, I will take a time out to go for a short jog or swim. 

Mornings are just beautiful. And I remember that during covid days, I will also steal a run round the big stadium. There will be those lone runners as well; we just quietly do our rounds. :)











I have had some good moments at work too. It's very different dynamics from the past DG office team, with us now being in a very local team. Some colleagues have also been seconded to join us, one key project got approved, it's the end of the winding down season.... so I think while it's been very challenging at one particular point in time, I am still grateful. Celebrating National Day at work was a recent one. These next 2 days, I will also focus on closing this work year, and hopefully, 2024 will be a greater one. 














My week felt like it just went by super fast too. I think, this week, I enjoyed tennis a fair amount. On Friday, I felt it was a good session. Roberto said it was the cleanest one thus far, and I was happy. It's not been that easy, trying to unlearn and relearn, and what seems beautifully and gracefully executed with so much finesse, is really not so easy on the courts. It's been slightly more than half a year. I started getting serious in May, and along the way, there were lots of "milestones", and also challenging moments. Today, I started my day with the mass session, and then did 2 baskets of serves to practise thereafter. Again, it was a beautiful morning. 











Amazingly, this week, I was able to clear my fridge as well. It was a tad hard work, to take out all the leftover food, for me who doesn't cook, and to try to innovate with them. The fact is that all the heavy lifting has been done, all I did was add in all the veges and multiplied the left-overs. Still... that was effortful, and yet very satisfying. I had numerous such meals. So yummy, so thankful.











I also got to know a new SGP. We had dinner on Friday night... and talked a long long time. By the time she left, omg, it was almost 2am. I do not know how it happened, but perhaps, it was just what Friday nights are. Sometimes, people enter, people leave. For now, I am just glad I could help support her first journey into Abu Dhabi, and in her apartment finding. 











I decided to buy myself a tennis t-shirt just right before dinner, after tennis... to remind myself of the good Fri tennis sesh. :) Zsc wilson shop does have bargain steals at times, though very seldom. 

And my body has been sore and tired at times. Tonight, was to be a massage night, but Liezel was not able to make it last minute, and so I went down town to just get my fix. So thankful that I have a car now. This 4-wheel experience, is like a cocoon... it somehow offers me a safe space, and takes me to different places. Thankful. 

Finally, as with all things December, it would never be complete without my usual once-a-year-same-same-Christmas-tree-with-Kenji-stare. 💓 I managed to set it up in less than 5 mins. So awesome. It brightens up the whole home with a Christmas feel. 














As with every week as well, this Sunday too, will give way to Monday. I am happy that we are in December, and I wish December will last longer. But that too, will pave the way for the new year. In 2 days, we will be going to Vienna, to have the first experience of Europe's Christmas market. It will be an amazing wintry white Christmas. And then, my besties will visit. The folks who have shaped me, journeyed with me, and have been so generous to me - they will come and spend Christmas together. So looking forward. 














This Christmas, shall be the best one yet. 💓

No comments: