Saturday, December 31, 2022

Thanksgiving - To God be the glory











What a beautiful Sunday, the last day of a most amazing 2022. I had a wonderful week this week, and it was a beautiful Christmas last Sunday, and a most amazing time in Japan of rest and reflection. 

Service reminded me of the importance of knowing who I am in Christ, to be diligent in all that I purpose to do, and to walk with Him daily

There is so much thanksgiving packed into this cold and cloudy Sunday afternoon. I wrote, journalled and reflected, of course, with a cup of coffee. 

And at the end of the service, this beautiful song touched my heart. I have not heard it before; it is one of the older hymns (before I gave my heart to the Lord). The lyrics and tune just kept ringing in my heart and head. 

To God be the Glory; His blood has saved me; His power has raised me. 
This is my thanksgiving for 2022 - gratitude for His goodness, for all the things He has done in my life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZTYDPavEY

My Tribute - To God be the Glory (Andrae Crouch)

How can I say thanks
For all the things you've done for me?
Things so undeserved
Yet You gave to prove Your love to me

The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to Thee

To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done

With his Blood, He has saved me
With his power, He has raised me
To God be the glory
For the things He has done

Just let me live my life
And let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee
And should I gain any praise
Let it go to Calvary

With his Blood, He has saved me
With his power, He has raised me
To God be the glory
For the things He has done

No comments: