Sunday, May 05, 2019

A sweet friendship refreshes the soul

The weather here, in my opinion, has officially transited into the HOT. I can now feel the heat, and the sweat. And it will just get hotter and hotter from this point.

And tomorrow is Ramadan - which means most of the food establishments here go into the sleep mode, and open for business again after the fast is over for the day.

So today, kind of, before the weather becomes incredibly hot and unsuitable for outdoor lounge, I had a nice walk along this beach stretch, and then breakfast by the beach with Sim, and Kenji. 😍

Technically, you can't say this is a very nice beach. It is the same beach that I've been going to frequently recently (in the absence of Pasir Ris beach or MacRitchie reservoir) and it's a whole pretty quiet stretch, and some parts are littered by picnickers. I've ran the whole stretch, and I think it's at max 3km the whole stretch. Still, it's a pretty nice morning stroll and if I run (then I will do not just this stretch, but the Zayed Sports City Area).

And the Le Boulanger Cafe was just so quiet - there was NO ONE, except us.
And they also made an exception for Kenji - bringing out some water for him.

Fellowship was refreshing. Been in the UAE, naturally, in the faith, I begin to really see and experience how all different ones of us, with our own cultures, upbringing, teachings have different beliefs even while in the same faith. It's always a good conversation with Sim. We talked about healing, about tongues, living a victorious life, covenant-relationships, and caught up with each other's lives. It was just a good way to spend a Sunday morning, reminding myself that we all love the same, wherever we are. While there were differences in belief systems, the beautiful thing is that we all agree to disagree, and share and discuss. Maybe it's also because the westerners are more articulate and expressive - I enjoy this type of sharing, learning, sparring - I think there's some level of growth in me too. The articulating of a point, the framing of thoughts - require constant sharpening too.


Actually, Sim had suggested that we go to Saadiyat Beach - she said she was all ready to sun tan. Haha. Thank you for accommodating Kenji. I think this Rihan beach stretch is 3 / 10 for beach material. Saadiyat will be way more beautiful and we will go the next time round.

Sunday mornings are just beautiful. Certainly, my weekend has flown by again. In the midst of the busyness, I am glad for the simple things and the moments for reflection and faith conversations. This beach, will perhaps start to grow on me more and more.


You see - there's just no one on a Sunday morning - K has the whole patch to do his biz. :-D


And it's beautiful - to see the yellow foliage at another stretch of the park. Take time to breathe.


AMB's house is across the waters - at one of these nice big apartments.


And at another stretch, the irrigation system in full swing. The plants would all just wither if there's no irrigation. These houses (known as mansions) are also very beautiful... and BIG. The home group is in one of these houses just at the beach.


And - you can see my apartment from the beach park too - flanked by the 2 UAE flags and the Ministry of Interior.

Beautiful Sunny Sunday indeed!

No comments: