Saturday, June 01, 2019

My latest favourite drink is.....

WATER!

We recently came to a revelation that we had better buy water for ourselves here in the UAE. I think it hit me real hard when there was a water tank servicing 2-3 weeks ago, and when the taps came on again, I actually saw with my own eyes - brown water. And there were also sediments.

Also, our Singaporean friends started buying bottled water and water dispensers. And so, it didn't take much consideration and we got for ourselves our own dispenser too.

The market competition here is pretty intense. There are all sorts of bottled water brands and dispenser brands. Famous local bottled water brands here include the Al Ain, Dasani, Aqua, Nestle, etc, etc. And also the dispensers - you can get them from supermarkets too. In any case - we made a decision within a day - and got the Nestle bottles and dispenser - because if you buy 50 bottles, you get a whole dispenser free!

Haha - and I was so glad we bought it, not only because we could get hot water instantly, but because, suddenly water tastes so nice.

The water really tastes much much nicer, and I've been drinking a lot of water. It just felt like a really really nice drink. :-D

So my husband has been asking me these few days - Ey, why do you keep drinking water? Can you save save drink? 

Haha, that doesn't make any sense to me. As long as I don't drink until I get water poisoning, and because we could always get the refills, I don't see why I should save save drink. 

In fact, I think he secretly enjoys drinking the water too. Because few days back, he said - I think the water is very delicious. Haha. 


Maybe the hardest choice to make was the choosing the colour of the dispenser. There was red, silver-grey, white and black. We chose the good, o' black because silver-grey was out of stock, white is too boring, and red is too o-biang. haha!


And it is till very old-school here. To get my refills, I have to use a coupon. Haha! There are 50 coupons here - because we bought 50 bottles!

Cheers - to a healthy drinking life! :-D

No comments: