Sunday, January 09, 2022

TGIF

Honestly, it’s been really good that I can now say TGIF. The UAE has now aligned with much of the larger global workforce for a Mon – Fri work week, and this past Fri, is my first TGIF, and plus, it’s now a 4.5 day work week. Week 1 Jan has passed – and it was a really great way to spend my first Fri evening out with my red foldie – I did some good rounds round the stadium, had a nice long walk with K (he led me wherever he wanted to walk this time), and then had a quiet fishy dinner.















































Daily this week, I intentionally choose to focus, choose the thoughts that I want to spend more time on, and for each area of importance, I tried to hone in on what really matters, and to remember breathing. I think some days, it is tough. The wild mind tends to wander off in different tangents – how can that small space in between the ear cause such disruptions to the heart and whole body? But that’s why it is also good to know that I am not the only person who feels all-over, who feels mayhem at times, but that it’s common to all men, and that’s why – the WoG continues to undergird.

I had such a lovely Sunday morning today. Went for a cold, morning run – easy, enjoyable round around the mosque, and then, went to do Ashtanga yoga at the Bridge, a new area just 5 mins away from my place, with Ildico. It was an outdoor session – and just focusing on breathing, and maintaining balance, and letting the sun rays beat down on me – that was calming and relaxing. My 3rd time at Yoga here – first 2 were last year – aerial and moonlight, and today, I felt I could balance myself a little more easily.














































And then, a random breakkie out with the kids to end the morning. How nice and lovely. They do have a wonderful appetite.














Over the past week, I can count my blessings in a few areas. For work, Shan has joined us – and that will definitely strengthen the team with her experience in marcomms. In reading, I started 2 books – Mary-Martha, and then one on brain intelligence. On keeping well physically, Grace and I tennised (though I must say it was possibly a harder session this week due to the wind), and then we had a really nice dinner at my place. Did 2 runs, a bike ride, and then this yoga. Also, spent some good time with WC and V, and their little Jasper, who came to visit and played with Kenji. It’s really been a while. These folks came together with Steve 5 years ago.
























Also - some amazing end-of-year gatherings with different ones. The cold weather makes such gatherings warmer - all sorts of good food, but the most important is really the company. As we grow a year older, hopefully, we all grow a year wiser too. So blessed - the intentional catchups, the video calls, the H2H talks. 



















































As Jan unfolds, I pray that I will continue to grow better as a person, and that 2022 continues to be one that amazes.

No comments: